Tuesday, July 08, 2008

river days and river NIGHTS


The Colorado River starts out slow but gets rapidy 2 days in. The ride down is the part that gets you acquainted with 16 strangers. One of them shot a potato cannon at me, granted I had my bare ass taunting as a target. Katie and I have gone on alot of weekenders and it seems that there are weekend friends. So many people out there seek the limited access to another's company. It makes me uncomfortable to let that go, just doesn't seem right. Beyond my emotions though there was thrills I had yet to experience. The hikes through old Native Indian trails, the water fights, the rapids and nature. At one point the boat was rigged so that I had to put my feet on the very front of the boat and hold to some straps, I resembled a roles royce hood ornament smacking head first into some large 20 foot rapids. We did tip over once and a bunch of us were trown from the boat. My first thought was where is my wife...I turned around in the water only to see her giggling with excitement about the whole event. My wife the dare-devil and me Mr. Worry McShitshispantsalot.

1 comment:

Ems said...

ah! man I love you two! this looks awesome Mr Worry McShithispanstalot (also, that is brilliant).